Saturday, September 26, 2009

I swear the happiest day of my life is the day that I die

Apologies to anyone who is having an awesome day or is just plain unsettled by the title of my post. Today just seemed like the perfect day to quote a lyric from one of my favourite songs from elementary punk rock/emo music days.

An intriguing quote that I randomly found on the Internet one day and posted on my fb page was, "Do not mistake happiness for the absence of misery". Somehow I liked it because I'm sort of drawn in by the ever-so-elusive secret to happiness. I wonder if it also works in reverse: Do not mistake misery for the absence of happiness...? If so, today would be a pretty humongous mistake on my part.

That said, how shall I describe today? Well, technically, my day started really early because I didn't sleep until 3 or 4 am--not because I finally made a lifestyle choice to begin partying or because I was having some kind of TV show or Asian drama marathon. Instead, I was coughing my brains out. Lovely, I know. In a wonderfully horrible chain reaction of catastrophe, my body wanted to get its full 10 hours of sleep. Hence, I ended up waking up around 1 pm. Immediately, I went over to my friend John's apartment to borrow his washing machine. That took about 3 hours, and I had to walk back and forth in the cold rain because all of my warm layerable clothes were stashed in my 2 weeks' load of laundry. I even had to take off one of the 4 layers I was wearing because it was dirty--talk about hoboish. -_-"

Anyways, I spent the rest of the day trying to fix up my resume format for jobmine and applying to a bunch of random jobs. Apparently, most people will be applying for 35-40 jobs, and I could only find 17 that I was even only slightly undercapable of. Oh, and if you didn't know, I kind of hate my program, so if I don't get a co-op job, I'm seriously considering switching out of my program into Honours science. On top of that, I'm not doing well in ANY of my courses. None of them are bird courses, and even though I expected most of them to be hard, they are surprisingly exceeding my expectations in difficulty, thus defeating my previously undefeated emotional safeguard. I am gradually falling behind in all of my readings, assignments, and practice questions, and I'm too sick and drugged up to make any considerable progress in a time-efficient manner. Just knowing this stresses me out like hell. To sum things up, life is not going well, but what else is new?

On the bright side, I have become less stingy with the utility bill and have turned on more lamps in my room. Now I can happily clickety clack away on my keyboard because I have finally found something substantial to really COMPLAIN about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment