Monday, September 21, 2009

Christiemon, I choose you!

Type: Fire
Hp: Undefined
Attack: Excruciating
Defense: Impenetrable
Speed: Light is relatively slow

Weakness: stressed easily and slightly pessimistic

So I am currently trapped in my room writing up answers for practice interview questions in my PD Co-op preparatory course. I figured since I probably won't have time to post very often anymore, why not kill two birds with one stone? So...For the "classic question" I went with:


4. Describe one of your weaknesses.
One of my characteristic weaknesses is that I get stressed easily and am slightly pessimistic. This becomes evident in situations where I have too many tasks in progress at once or I am preparing for a significant event. However, I believe this trait is an essential motivator for some of my most effective work habits. Since I often get worried and overwhelmed by ongoing academic projects or extracurricular events, I motivate myself to tackle one item at a time in an organized fashion by writing down due dates, preparing checklists, and aiming to complete tasks well before the deadline. Often, if something seems too overwhelming, I manage to calm myself down and focus my thoughts better by simplifying concepts, prioritizing my activities, and preparing for the worst case scenario. Not only does my pessimism help me to be technically and emotionally prepared for the various outcomes, but it is also a way to push myself to exceed the standard expectations of any task I undertake.

1 comment: