Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm a copycat.

So today is a pretty gloomy day, or so it seems from my lonely study spot in my poorly lit guest room. Then I thought "What better way to waste time than to start a blog?", following the example of Alex, Michelle, and Sinthu (which I creeped from Alex's)--actually I did have a bunch of better ways to waste time, namely mafia wars (fb app), farmville (fb app), and SADLY neopets (considering my age, you have a right to be disappointed)--but anyways...it's all good because I have already accepted that I am a loser, seriously.

Actually, the real reason why I decided to start this blog is that I realize that I like giving my opinion and sharing my judgement of things, even though most people don't want to hear it. Most people just want a patient listener--apologies to all of my victims. Plus, as an angsty, pessimistic teenager I need an effective outlet other than sex. Just kidding, I'm a good girl. Well, according to the societal stereotype of Asians, don't I have to be?

Well, for conventions' sake, I suppose I'd better introduce myself even though most people who read this will already be familiar with my dull statistics. My name is Christie (I would have it spelled no other way), and I'm almost 18.5 years old. I have lived in the Mississaugan suburbs for my entire life, and I can't say I'm complaining. I am in my second year of undergraduate studies at the University of Waterloo in the Science and Business (co-op) program, and I love everything about it except the Science and Business workshop (how convenient!). Please don't ask why or what I plan to do with my life, and most importantly, please don't stalk me.

Moving on with my narcissistic rant, I believe almost all of my family is of Korean orient, making me a first generation Canadian. I'm not a hardcore patriot or anything of the sort, but I love being a "whitewash" and I love living here. We are luckier than most of us bother to realize. Randomly off topic, another reason why I decided to start a blog is that I enjoyed writing up my "About Me" on facebook because I felt I could be really honest about myself. Thus, there will be a lot of self-analysis in this blog, as well as my opinionated ranting. In terms of influences, my parents have had a tremendous influence on my personal development. To sum it up in a formula:

Me = My mom's conservativeness/introversion/sensitivity + My dad's realistic cynicism

Other things in the "Christie concoction" include irritability, lack of confidence, and a heated dislike towards stupidity and insensitivity (i.e. the typical guy or ditzes). Don't get me wrong though, I am not one of those butch, self-empowered feminists. Anyways, of course the "formula" is more complicated than that, but I don't want to give away the secret recipe. Honestly, the idea of personal clones running around is quite unsettling.

Oh and by the way, EVERYTHING in this blog is pure opinion, so feel free to disagree. I actually love hearing what other people are thinking and the rationale behind each of their actions--I just don't like arguing about it (i.e. tell me and go away, just kidding).

Well yeah, I'm kind of bored of writing crap right now, so I'm gonna end this post here. As a warning, my posting will be kind of random, not just one per day. Need I remind you that I have no life?

4 comments:

  1. I started a public blog for the same reason (Creeped Alex' pm on MSN). I like reading people's opinions and giving mine too, though I agree that people grow tiresome of listening to my theories and views. Anyways, welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahaha all of your posts that I've read are so amusingly funnay (and just plain interesting to read, may I add)! Keep up the blogging! Otherwise I won't be able to say that I read much over the summer when my grade 12 English teacher asks! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. kekeke i always enjoy reading ur posts (secretly!) u'll never find out who i am puheheh

    ReplyDelete