Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ROUND 2: Christie vs. Interviews

So I literally just had this amazing epiphany:
The reason why my interview experience for Work Term 1 was so traumatic is because I completely forgot about my life's moral, which has saved me from significant embarrassment, scarring, and post-event trauma 23094029384029384203948203948203948203948203984203948230948203984 (etc...) times in the past.


--essentially, it's just TOO life-saving for me NOT to reiterate it for you:


EXPECT THE WORST AND YOU'LL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED

Now, given a second chance--not at a better job, mind you--but at handling major interview fails, I am now more prepared. I have already done the mental and emotional preparation required to attend numerous interviews, receive only rankings and no offers, and waste yet more of my studying time in continuous round interviews for jobs I don't really want.

EXCEPT THIS TIME...

1. I only applied for science jobs.
2. I actually have some experience to talk about when I answer questions.
3. There seems to be less competition from upper years for the same positions.
4. The ratio of jobs to students seems friendlier in the spring term :)

NOTE: Why do each of my posts become more optimistic every time? What is this world coming to?? Well, in an effort to avoid disappointing the reader who has come to know my true self, read on.

Perhaps these factors that I have pointed out will increase my chances at obtaining a more relevant job for the fall. Perhaps not.

Perhaps I will finally be able to escape the horrors of Scibus and integrate myself into the general science student body. Perhaps not.

Perhaps I won't find a job, and this will be my last term of co-op(!)? Perhaps not [ :( ]...



Time, tell me what to do...you tend to make most of my decisions anyway...


No comments:

Post a Comment