Thursday, November 11, 2010

This Little Piggy Works in Harrow

As you may know, I am currently in Harrow on a co-op work term doing agricultural research. So far, my job has been pretty fun and full of new experiences--both enjoyable and/or otherwise.

As always, my posts have two main goals:
1. Share something interesting (often offensive/controversial)--or at least new to you :)
2. Keeping this brief so your youthful mind can be spared for more important tasks


Anyway, if you didn't know already from a chance encounter with me on MSN/facebook/or (God forbid) real life, I work for Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC). The most important thing you should take from that lovely hyphenated, professionally abbreviated, lengthy title...is that I work for the government.

AND TOMORROW IS REMEMBRANCE DAY!

Well, I guess that would be today now...(I really gotta kick these nocturnal habits). For many of you, I'm sure that wouldn't mean much, but at a government workplace, it means a lovely day off! So to celebrate my day off in the best way that a "farmville" like Harrow should permit, I decided to do something fun by myself, and I really can't think of many things more entertaining and satisfying than eating. :)

To celebrate my mini 24-hour holiday (!), I decided to pull up the local pizzeria's menu, since I noticed they offered free delivery!! YAY!! And they had this special for 24 slices of a 4-topping pizza at the price of about $25. It seemed interesting and the number 24 didn't seem too daunting with only two figures--at least not daunting enough to extinguish my crazy brainstorming. I was actually considering ordering the whole 24 slices and eating pizza to death for a whole day. Finally my actual brain decided to turn on, and I only ended up ordering a medium pizza (12 slices)--still big enough to have a party by myself but not too big that I would have to host a real party to get rid of it.

I decided to get cheese, Italian sausage, green peppers, and mushrooms on my pizza, and it came up to $20. For dinner, I ended up eating a measly 8 slices, complemented by one bag of heavenly, mouthwatering 1% milk. Don't laugh! I swear, about 5 years ago, I so would have owned those 24 slices! Anyway, I've had a great night, eating to my heart's content! I even topped off this delicious dinner with a dessert of a juicy watermelon wedge for which my housemate renounced his eating rights. Currently, my tongue has experienced such a wide variety of flavours and sensations that I'm almost ready to turn in my stomach for the night. Now if only my brain would let those chocolate popsicles in my freezer live another day...

1 comment:

  1. One time in high school I decided to see if I could eat a dozen doughnuts from Tim Hortons in one sitting. So I did it one day after school. Then I followed up with dinner, half a bag of Tostitos, a can of Coke, and strawberry ice cream. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete