Friday, July 15, 2016

Time not only flies--sometimes it soars

Hello...it's me. 

I'm well into the early half of my (last??) summer vacation, and it's pretty relaxing so far! It's been a little while since I've posted anything. Some exciting/unsure things in my near future that I wanted to briefly share: 

1. In September I'll be entering my (hopefully) final year of formal education. That means I'm one huge step closer to entering the real world, entering the workforce, and making my own money. For anyone who knows me, you know this offers what means most to me: long-awaited independence. Independence to manage my own affairs, make my own mistakes (and hopefully some successes too!), and really see what I have to offer to society. 

2. Just before that, I'll be traveling abroad semi-on my own (aka without my parents) to Jamaica for a dental outreach trip. I hope to learn a lot through this trip, feel like I'm making some contribution to areas with poorer access to oral care, and to maybe even have a little fun. It'll be my first time having Jamaican food; again, those who KNOW me know how important that is to me. 

3. Still figuring out where life will take me after my anticipated convocation in June 2017. Some options: 
a) Associate locally immediately 
b) Northern Ontario government-subsidized associateship (?) programs 
c) US residency 

All exciting options, each with their pros/cons. Trying to go with the flow and get by efficiently. This means evaluating my options carefully to make sure appealing options stay available to me as long as feasibly possible. It's likely a result of the distance away from the misery that is school/clinic, but I'm in one of those rare optimistic moods. Grateful for where my life currently is and trying not to waste everything that's been invested to get me to this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment