Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's a new day, But it all feels old

So today's a Saturday. I think my favourite part of university life is actually exam period. It's so peaceful and you can be all flexible with how you spend your time. As long as you don't have a killer exam schedule, it's pretty nice. =)

Right now I'm taking a short break from studying physics. It feels great to blog again! From a very young age, I was always interested in keeping a written diary that I hoped to update regularly. Unfortunately most of those ended up being filled with profanities when I recorded a heated entry or other people's secrets that I had nowhere else to divulge them to...and my brother would always find these and try to read them. In fact, that happened with my previous diary...and I ended up grabbing it from him, ripping out the most secretive pages and threw the whole book into the huge garbage dump on our driveway (this was used to dispose of our renovation debris).

But anyways, I guess the longstanding reason why I ever decided to keep entries of my life was to monitor how I've changed. Not only through my handwriting and writing style, but also my outlook on life, opinions, and interests. I remember once when I was little, I also tried to start a sheet of paper that I got my brother, myself, and my two cousins to sign. I wanted us to sign it every year to see how our handwriting matured, but I don't know that that paper lasted even one day without being thrown out.

All in all I suppose online "diary keeping" is somewhat a compromise. It can't be destroyed as easily, but I can't just write about anything that comes to or is locked away in my mind. On the bright side, sometimes I can get people's opinions on what I blog about, and they can, in turn, get to know more about me. I guess I can really understand why so many people are drawn to studying psychology or the more mystical social sciences involving the brain. Personally, I love figuring out why people do things or what their real motivations are. Hence, whenever people comment on my blog and I already have an idea of what they're like in real life, it's interesting to see whether their response is typical of my prior opinion of their views or maybe I will have learned something new about them. Also, whenever I hear a secret or some undisclosed information about someone, I find it fascinating to observe how they act when the conversation approaches that topic. I guess you could say I'm a people person--just not a sociable people person.

2 comments:

  1. Nigga, stfu! Stop writing stupid stuff like this, go do your homework and study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAWL. Don't MAKE me mention you. ;)

    ReplyDelete