Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Niceness" is a Ninja

Something annoying that I've encountered a lot recently mostly through my academic setting is people trying to be "nice" or convince others that they are "nice". This has always been something that annoyed me, but lately it's presented itself in a specific form. 

Even if all evidence points to someone being a "bad" person or having strongly negative qualities, some people will say "Well, I STILL don't think they're a bad person..."--and here's the kicker--"...because they haven't done anything bad to me." This is the most selfish and pretentious thing that I've heard these "nice"-strivers say so far. Extreme analogy: The Nazis didn't do anything bad to ME; therefore, I can't hold anything against them. They're not bad people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment